Please call or email us for a free estimate:
800-576-0222 / 305-576-2029
As an outside structure, awnings are exposed to sun, rain, wind, and salt that can weaken the frame or fade the fabric. However, proper maintenance extends the life of your awning or canopy.
Often, all your awning needs is a recover. Learn more about our awning recovers: Click Here
View the tips below on how to maximize the life of your awning.
- For optimum appearance and performance, fabric should be cleaned on a regular basis before substances such as dirt, roof particles, leaves, bird droppings, etc. are allowed to accumulate and become embedded in or on the fabric, or streak the valances. We recommend no less than 6 months to 1 year.
- Clean with a soft brush and hose down fabric.
- We recommend Apco Fabric Wash or Mild Natural soap.
- Hand wash with soft brushes or pads.
- Do not use detergents as they will strip the finish!
- Do not use pressure cleaning! Pressure cleaning and power washing may or will possibly invalidate your fabric warranty. It may or will damage the cover, heat-sealed or sewn seams, and stitching.
- In cases where the cover is taken down and stored, it should be cleaned prior to removing fabric.